Tuesday, November 9, 2010

All time best - Cobbler Topping

This recipe is from my mother in law. It is the best cobbler topping E V E R. And I am not just saying that in fear that my mother in law will some day read this, I am sharing this because I like you!

You can put this on any kind of fruit cobbler you want, and know it will come out a success. I also just added a recipe to can your own apple pie filling. Just pour the apple pie filling in a pan, put cobbler topping on top and cook. A quick yummy, warm, Fall treat. Especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Cobbler Topping

1 cup pancake mix
1 cup sugar
1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 beaten egg
1 cube melted butter

Combine pancake mix, sugar, cinnamon and beaten egg. Crumble over top of fruit or cobbler filling. Pour melted butter on top. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until brown.

I will make a berry cobbler for dessert tomorrow and post pictures, just to get your mouth watering.

No comments: