Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yummy Dip!!!

Tuscan Corn Salsa

Without fail, this has got to be one of the most requested recipes I make. Did I actually create it? No. I got this recipe from a wonderful friend and neighbor. However, she moved to Boise and in doing so gave up all rights and privileges to this amazing concoction. So, for all intents and purposes let's call this Wendi's Magnificent Tuscan Corn Salsa. Enough said, let's get to the good stuff. ( Sorry about the picture - I forgot until half way through our Halloween party. I guess it's better than nothing.)

3 tomatoes - seeded and diced
3 avocados - diced
1/2 bunch green onion - chopped
1 - 15 0z. can white corn - drained
1 - 15 oz. can black-eyed peas - drained
(these can be found by the canned beans, you may have to look hard to find them.)
1 pkg. Good Seasons zesty italian dry mix

Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl. Mix gently. Mix italian dressing according to directions
on package. Pour over ingredients in bowl and mix. Chill until ready to use.
Serve with Wheat Thins and/or tortilla chips.


2 comments:

Tfamily said...

Yeah! Thanks for posting. Felt like I was flying solo here :)

Can't wait to try... YUM!

Tfamily said...

I also think that you should listen to music by the Black Eyed Peas to make this authentic.