Friday, October 1, 2010

Molly's Rolls

We all love The Lion House Rolls. Who doesn't love a light fluffy, buttery roll hot out of the oven. The one thing we don't love, is the time it takes to make them. In my search of a quicker, but just as yummy dinner roll, I found this one. Give it a try and tell me what you think. Molly's Dinner Rolls (and no, I don't know who Molly is, just got this off another blog)

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup warm water
  • 1 cup warm milk
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 package yeast(2 1/4 teaspoon)
  • 1/3 cup oil
  • 1/2 T salt
  • 1 egg
  • flour

Directions: In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water; let grow until bubbly(about 5 minutes). Add milk and mix. Mix in oil and egg. Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes. Form rolls as desired and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise and additional 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (Rotate pans after 7 minutes.) Brush hot rolls with melted butter.

I used bread flour, don't know if that made any difference, but they turned out wonderful. In shaphing them I just divided my dough into 2, rolled one half into a circle, brushed with butter, then using my pizza cutter, cut pizza shaped slices. I rolled from the bigger outside edge to the smaller end making a crescent shaped roll.

The blog's I got these off of wasThe Sister's Dish and Real Mom Kitchen.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I can't wait to try these - they look amazing!