Saturday, August 30, 2008

Easy Monkey Bread

Since Liz hasn't shared her really yummy, homemade recipe for Monkey Bread, I guess I will share this semi-homemade one. (I will still be hoping and waiting for Liz to post hers)

I got this recipe off the Just That Good recipe blog. It's not as good as a totally homemade recipe (LIZ!) but it's good when you want something quick, easy and tasty.

Rolls

4 cans refrigerated biscuits (any flavor)
1 cup brown sugar
2 TBS cinnamon
1 stick butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Icing

2 cups powdered sugar
4 TBS milk
1 tsp vanilla

"First of all ... there is no need to buy the more expensive brand of biscuit with this recipe. Just get the cheap ones.Melt one stick of butter in bowl. Using kitchen scissors, cut each biscuit in half and place them in bowl with melted butter. After all biscuits are cut roll them around in the butter to coat all sides. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Stir well. Grease a bundt pan or 9x13 glass dish. Bake at 350* for about 35 minutes, depending on which dish you are using. The 9x13 will take longer. Just keep an eye on it.Remove from oven and flip bundt over while hot ... otherwise, your monkey bread will be stuck in the pan. Drizzle glaze on top. Serve warm."

2 comments:

Tfamily said...

Thanks Steff and Liz! This looks like a keeper. I am working on losing a little weight so I am basically drooling on my screen. On the picky palate she did some monkey bread in muffin tins for personal sized. I thought they were really cute and would be fun for a brunch. Here is a link to her site and a picture of the cute little monkey breads http://pickypalate.blogspot.com/2008/09/no-monkey-business.html
Steff and Liz, your recipe is much easier than using the rhodes bread dough so I am definitely going to try this (after the 5 lbs come off) :P

Unknown said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I JUST BAKE ONE AND MY FAMILY LOVE IT:)