Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chicken Salad

A few things I love about summer are BBQing, fresh fruits and vegetable, and yummy salads. This is one of my favorites. In fact my sister, Wendi, and I had a chicken salad cookoff. We were so sure everyone woule like ours the best that we both ended up doubling our recipes. Needless to say we had PLENTY of chicken salad. That, and I am sure I was the hands down winner :) This recipe is from a friend our family has known for quite a while. She is a fantastic cook. You know the type. When she has a recipe you know you want a copy because there isn't anything that she makes that isn't wonderful. Thanks Marilyn! Chicken Salad 3 cups chicken, cooked and cubed (I think you could use your canned chicken too) 1 cup grapes (red or green) 1 cup slivered almonds 3 cups celery (I use less as my family aren't celery fans) 1 cup mayonnaise 1/4 cup whipping cream, whipped (love the creaminess this adds) 1 Tablespoon lemon juice salt and pepper to taste Mix he chicken, grapes, almonds and celery. Mix mayonnaise, whipped cream and lemon juice. Fold into chicken mixture and serve on lettuce leaves or croissants. Taste it before serving and add whatever salt and pepper you want to your liking. Yummy! Making this Saturday for lunch!

2 comments:

Erikson Family said...

You were the only one that thought you were the winner- whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

Tfamily said...

Clearly I sense a little hostility. Don't you remember all the lessons mom taught us about being good sports when we lose haha. Okay, yours was pretty darn good too. Just because I am a wonderful sister, we will call it an even draw with a rematch soon.