Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Popcorn Crispix Mix

I seriously can't believe I haven't posted this yet. No picture, but trust me, this will be a family favorite. It is also great to make, put in a cute bowl or bag and deliver to neighbors. I got this recipe from one of my sisters (I think Wendi). I usually go a little lighter on the popcorn and a little heavier on the Crispix. But you can make it however you want. Just trust me and make it!

Popcorn Crispix Mix

4 cups popcorn, popped
3 cups Crispix cereal
1/2 cup slivered almonds
2 cubes butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 bag miniature Marshmallows

In a large bowl combine popcorn and cereal. Melt butter in microwave. Add marshmallows and put back in the microwave for 30 second increments, stirring in between. When melted enough to make stirring consistency smooth, add brown sugar. Stir well and pour over popcorn and Crispix. Stir in almonds and enjoy!

I will get a picture next time I make it.

2 comments:

Erikson Family said...

Lorri doesn't know what she's talking about - she got this recipe from me and I say MORE crispix, it really is the best part. YUMMY!

Tfamily said...

See, I thought it was you. Both you and Steff have such great recipes. When I have a good one I usually know it came from one of you, but don't always remember who it was that shared. :) I am a few years older than you, so my mind is going a little quicker.... cut a poor old lady some slack haha.