Monday, December 7, 2009

Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms

We had the "Thomas" family progressive dinner and I was in charge of appetizers. So I will share a few of the ones I did that seemed pretty popular. I didnt' get pictures because I had just spilled some juice off the cookie sheet with the mushrooms and was trying to wipe it up as people started arriving. I know we will make most of these again and will get pictures then :) These pretty easy to make and everyone kept saying how good they were. I usually like a crap stuffing in my mushrooms, but my husband is allergic. It was kind of embarassing when they were asking for the ingredients and there were only 4. Sausage Stuff Mushrooms (Jana Norton) 25-30 medium sized mushrooms 1 (12 oz) package of Jimmy Dean Sausage (she uses light I used natural) 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I used grated) Brown sausage, drain and cool. Add cream cheese and mix well. Add shredded parmesan cheese. Mix well again. Clean mushrooms and remove steps. Place mushroosm cap side down and fill with filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes (I think mine took a little longer to cook). Also put these on a cookie sheet lined with foil and one that had sides as the mushrooms give off a little juice. Then when you take them out the juice runs on the floor and you are cleaning it up as the guests arrive.

No comments: