Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Teriyaki Pasta Salad


Okay, my mouth is watering just looking at this picture. You have not tasted a pasta
salad until you have had this deliciousness!!! This is perfect for a girl's lunch but I have found
that the men don't have any problem gobbling this stuff up either. Be warned though, once you make it, you will CRAVE it - mmmmmm.

16 oz. bowtie pasta
10 oz. baby spinach
6 oz. craisins
2 - 11 oz. mandarin oranges
1 bunch green onion - chopped
1/4 c. sesame seeds
6 oz. honey roasted peanuts - DO NOT omit these!
2 c. cooked chicken or 1 bottled chicken

sauce:
1/2 c. oil
2/3 c. teriyaki sauce
6 T. sugar :(
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and mix with chicken. Pour sauce over and
let chill for at least 3 hours. Add all other ingredients right before serving. Mix and enjoy!
(I sometimes mix up another half recipe of the sauce to mix in right before eating - I like my salad a little more moist and drippy, is that a word?)

1 comment:

Tfamily said...

I am definitely trying this. Will make a trial batch for dinner tonight and take it to the dinner at my mother in laws on Sunday. Mom said this was really good too!