Monday, September 15, 2008

Green Bean Blue Cheese Salad

No picture yet. We took one with my Mom's camera and I need to swipe her SD card. This recipe was made by my lovely and clever sister in law, Kari. I just love it when she brings something to share. She is a great cook.

Kari brought this to a family home evening dinner and then the next night I made it for my extended family and it was a hit. So I thought it share worthy. It is tangy and I just love the blue cheese with the balsamic vinegar. Hope you like it.

Green Bean Blue Cheese Salad

* 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2 inch pieces
* 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
* 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted (we all used candied almonds)
* salt and pepper to taste

1. Place green beans in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Allow to cool.
2. In a medium bowl, combine beans, onion, blue cheese, and pecans. Stir in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Chill for at least an hour before serving.

1 comment:

Steff said...

I don't like blue cheese dressing. Do you think I would like this? I would consider giving it a go if you think we might like it!