So Pioneer Woman is hosting another contest. She is working with 3-A-day-dairy this summer, so she is trying to find recipes that utilize dairy in their ingredients. The rules are as follows...
* Beginning today, August 4, anyone who wishes to enter the contest can submit their recipe in the Comments section of this post. Submissions will be accepted through August 13.
* Recipes must contain any or all of the following ingredients: Milk (2%, 1%, Skim, Whole), Domestic Cow’s Milk Cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Swiss, Colby, etc.), and/or Yogurt (plain or flavored.) (No sour cream, cream cheese, heavy cream, etc. Those ingredients may be IN the recipe, but should not be the only dairy products in the recipe. Remember: we’re looking for “healthy” dairy here.)
* The dairy ingredient(s) should play a prominent role in the final dish (i.e. not just a “splash of milk.”)
* Submission period will end at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time on August 13.
* UPDATED RULE: Feel free to submit up to 3 recipes per person.
* I’ll review all submitted recipes and select three finalists. Finalists will be announced on August 15.
* Over the following two weeks, I’ll prepare the three finalists’ recipes and will chronicle the process here.
* On August 31, I’ll announce the winner and award the sweet grand prize! Then I’ll belch and get on the Stairmaster.
Here’s what the winner will come away with:
$500 Grocery Gift Card at the supermarket of the winner’s choice
$300 supply of Dairy Products (Milk, Cheese, Yogurt)–YUM!
A basketful of dairy-related products picked by me:
Pizza Que Grill
Bialetti Pizza Chopper
Antonini Olive Wood Cheese Knives and Board
Eurocuisine Yogurt Maker
Four Rooster Francais Cereal Bowls
Apilco Porcelain Cow Creamer
So go to the Pioneer Womans website to enter you recipe in the comments section. I know we have some great cooks on here!